New Bridge

This is a bridge I started designing a couple years ago; and after much tweaking and refining, I had a small run of them fabricated by eMachineShop.

Recently, I have been liking fixed intonation bridges for their simplicity and lack of excess hardware. Adjustable intonation bridges are nice, but I have had too many problems with the saddles rattling, even in very expensive models. The front edge of this bridge is shaped in a way that approximates the pattern of an adjustable saddle bridge after it has been intonated properly; but it is just a single piece of T6 aluminum clamped firmly in a pair of TonePros locking studs. Nothing moving, nowhere. I had these powder coated black to match the studs, but I will probably have some done unfinished, and maybe some in brass, as well.

This entry was posted in announcements, lutherie, news and events. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to New Bridge

1. Alex says:

That’s a very good-looking design. I imagine a brass version would go well with many of your guitars – darkened from oxidation but worn shiny where the hand rests.

2. Gary says:

Any plans to sell these bridges? And of course an idea of price?

Thanks

3. gwen says:

Not really. They are not a direct replacement for any existing bridges. The studs are placed about 3/8″ further back than standard.

4. Gary says:

Shame,I like how they look. Thanks for getting back.

5. Julian Strawson says:

Lovely looking bridge, totally agree that a natural brass or even copper plate look will really suit your instruments. By the way, what brand of humbucker are you using, i really love the patina and hate too much shiny chrome! Awesome work!

6. gwen says:

Thanks, Julian.
    Those are my own homespun pickups with nickel covers that I age myself.

7. JR says:

Pretty awesome. If you ever do plan to sell any, let me know! Would love to pick up a brass one for a custom build.

8. Joe P. says:

That is a beautiful piece of work, sir. I dig your guitars, very cool!

9. gwen says: