New Bridge

This is a bridge I started designing a couple years ago; and after much tweaking and refining, I had a small run of them fabricated by eMachineShop.

Recently, I have been liking fixed intonation bridges for their simplicity and lack of excess hardware. Adjustable intonation bridges are nice, but I have had too many problems with the saddles rattling, even in very expensive models. The front edge of this bridge is shaped in a way that approximates the pattern of an adjustable saddle bridge after it has been intonated properly; but it is just a single piece of T6 aluminum clamped firmly in a pair of TonePros locking studs. Nothing moving, nowhere. I had these powder coated black to match the studs, but I will probably have some done unfinished, and maybe some in brass, as well.

This entry was posted in announcements, lutherie, news and events. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to New Bridge

1. Alex says:

That’s a very good-looking design. I imagine a brass version would go well with many of your guitars – darkened from oxidation but worn shiny where the hand rests.

2. Gary says:

Any plans to sell these bridges? And of course an idea of price?

Thanks

3. gwen says:

Not really. They are not a direct replacement for any existing bridges. The studs are placed about 3/8″ further back than standard.

4. Gary says:

Shame,I like how they look. Thanks for getting back.

5. Julian Strawson says:

Lovely looking bridge, totally agree that a natural brass or even copper plate look will really suit your instruments. By the way, what brand of humbucker are you using, i really love the patina and hate too much shiny chrome! Awesome work!

6. gwen says:

Thanks, Julian.
    Those are my own homespun pickups with nickel covers that I age myself.

7. JR says:

Pretty awesome. If you ever do plan to sell any, let me know! Would love to pick up a brass one for a custom build.

8. Joe P. says:

That is a beautiful piece of work, sir. I dig your guitars, very cool!

9. gwen says:

10. Pingback: #1405 Barnstormer redesign | splinters and wire

11. Robert McKee says:

Your are an amazing artist. I too are tired of the norm of what and how guitars are made. You are a true inspiration ………

12. gwen says: