#1514 Barncat makeover…. (this one’s pink)

EBA32961-7CCC-479C-8DAC-B8EBD96F521D

This is one I got bored with and decided to get a little psychedelic with. I made it three years ago, and it looked like this….

DSCN8109

So I painted the top pink, and added some more grunginess, but then the pickguard didn’t go with it so well, and so I made a new one for it. Don’t worry, I only use records that have become more or less unplayable. This one was also missing the second disk of the album. I also aged the bridge and pickup covers, and made a new switch plate from an old die-cast metal 45 rpm adapter. Oh, and some vintage Heathkit audio knobs so the controls can be set to the heart of the sun, of course.

0793840A-89DD-449E-8BB6-144C52F046B7

Body: Four piece salvaged beech, hollowed
Neck: Bolt on, hard maple, with black locust fretboard
Pickups: Dismal homespun humbuckers
bridge~ 7.3K ohms
neck~ 6.0K ohms
Tuners: Kluson
Bridge: Compensated stopbar tailpiece
Pickguard: Vinyl LP record.

Weight: 7.5 lbs

Published by

gwen forrester

artist, musician, guitar builder, housewife, parent, not necessarily in that order, or any order at all, for that matter. genderless being trapped in a trans woman's body.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s