This is one I got bored with and decided to get a little psychedelic with. I made it three years ago, and it looked like this….
So I painted the top pink, and added some more grunginess, but then the pickguard didn’t go with it so well, and so I made a new one for it. Don’t worry, I only use records that have become more or less unplayable. This one was also missing the second disk of the album. I also aged the bridge and pickup covers, and made a new switch plate from an old die-cast metal 45 rpm adapter. Oh, and some vintage Heathkit audio knobs so the controls can be set to the heart of the sun, of course.
Body: Four piece salvaged beech, hollowed
Neck: Bolt on, hard maple, with black locust fretboard
Pickups: Dismal homespun humbuckers
bridge~ 7.3K ohms
neck~ 6.0K ohms
Bridge: Compensated stopbar tailpiece
Pickguard: Vinyl LP record.
Weight: 7.5 lbs